White Chicken Chili

....and I'm back...!  Had a great weekend at work; putting my apron back on.

Today's recipe is a long time family favorite.  If you have ever been invited to our home and came back more than once, you were probably served this meal.  It is always a crowd favorite and I don't think there's ever been a soul who didn't like the meal.

Now that I've said that, maybe one of you has eaten it at my house, and didn't like it.  Hmm.

Well, maybe there's the ODD person that didn't like it, but I can't help that, ha ha!  I love it.  It's my blog.  Here's the recipe!

White Chili

3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (any white or non-brown bean will do)
2 cups chicken broth
2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
1 tsp salt, cumin and oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk

Saute chicken, onion and garlic in a little bit of oil until chicken is no longer pink.  Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Stir in sour cream and milk.  Serves 6.

A freshly baked focaccia break goes nicely with this meal.  Don't leave out the cumin!  Makes the dish.

This will be Tuesday's meal at our house.  If you want a sample, ring the bell!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy!! If my gadget arm could reach that far, I would certainly ring your door bell!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO Maureen, I just found your blog and I am very excited to try out some of these recipes. Also, reading your blog "sounds" just like how you would talk so I feel like we've had a little visit. :0)

    Tonight snickerdoodles! I love the white chili. I hadn't tried it until someone made it here and it is scrumptious. We serve it with taco chips and grated cheese too. Delish! ( I also buy a packaged spice mix...is that cheating??)
    xoxo
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janelle! White chili with taco chips and grated cheese sounds yummy!! Must try next time. Packaged spice mix definitely not cheating! Glad you found me!! You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, hey, are YOU blogging???? Please share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts