Suggestions?

We are back from Summer 2011 Adventure #2 - Family Camp at Living Waters Camp.  If you remember this post (http://makeagain.blogspot.com/2011/05/wild-ride.html) - then you have a vague notion of where we were except this time we returned under much different circumstances!  No cooking required from us this time!

Dean and I and the boys have attended this camp together for several years.  Truthfully, I have attended this camp pretty faithfully since I was 9 years old, minus a few years when I wasn't able to go.   Can't begin to guess how many years I have wandered around that camp, looking for several things - rest, friendships, faith-deepening opportunities.  And now our boys are there, experiencing the same things we have.  Pretty cool.

We are so blessed to have an ever-enlarging circle of friends there - they start out as "camp friends" and some/many make their way into being "life-long friends".  Over the years we've seen each other go through challenging times and good times, we watch each others' kids grow up, we laugh a lot, pray together, cry together sometimes (okay, lots of times), eat  (and how!), play, sit by the fire and tell stories, read, sit on the beach ....  I guess we spend a lot of time together, eh?!!  That's all a part of the refreshing that IS LWC Family Camp.  So nice to be surrounded by loving people.  It's a beautiful place to be.

That's why it's a bit of a let-down when it's all over.  You participate in life with this precious circle of people ...... and then it's all over and you come home, back to "normal" (whatever that is). 

Sigh. 

Oh well.  I guess I need to put on my big girl pants and carry on!  So glad I have such good memories to draw on, though.  I am blessed.

Soon we will be leaving for our third and final Summer 2011 Adventure #3 and I'm looking for help!  (We've really packed a lot into Summer 2011; it's unusual for us to be doing so much.)

Adventure #3 is simply a week at the lake in our tent trailer.  What I'm looking for is suggestions for cold lunches that can be hauled to the beach. Must be kid-friendly, i.e. no salads for these Dynna sons (sorry).  The "Captain Obvious" idea is sandwiches but you can only do that for so many days.  I want easy prep, easy storage, easy to eat, and easy clean up.

Hmm, and I'm wondering why it's so hard to fit ideas into those categories.... ?!?!?!!!

Surely there are experienced campers out there among you!  Help!  Throw me your ideas!  Send me your recipes! 

You would hate to see me waste away from lack of food.....  ;)

Comments

  1. Taco in a bag was my first thought.
    Can be eaten hot or cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, yes, great idea! 3/4 of us like that meal, unfortunately, person #4 is rather loud about the fact that he doesn't like it. However, that may be a lunch OR a supper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts