For YOU....and You Know Who You Are!

Well, well, well.  My first  "can you write a blog about _______________" request happened today!

I won't write a blog on request for just anybody.

Has to be someone special.

Now, moral dilemma, do I write this blog/share this recipe because the person is really special....

.....or because she obviously needs the help/recipe?

She asked me for a recipe today.  She said "hey Maureen!  (or something engaging like that)  Can you blog about your recipe for AIR MILE BISCUITS?  You gave me the recipe and I lost it."

Okay - you decide: 
  • is she really special?
  • or does it seem she really needs the help?
"AIR MILE" BISCUITS?  Really?  And I gave you the recipe once and you lost it? 

Tut tut.

I think she needs the help.

;)


Kidding, she IS very special, too.  One of a kind, even.  But for dignity's sake, let's just leave her name anonymous and simply mention that she is an LPN at who works at HBH who lives not that far from me and we've worked together for many years and have shared a lot of laughs and great moments    kind of silly AND also a very great friend!

For her, and for the rest of you who might be mildly interested, here is the recipe for....

MILE HIGH BISCUITS (aka "Air Mile Biscuits", at least to Alanna my anonymous friend)

3 cups flour
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp salt
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup milk

Mix the dry ingredients together and cut in the shortening until it resembles crumbs.  Mix the egg (slightly beaten) with the milk and add to dry ingredients.  Stir to mix, then knead briefly until well combined.  DO NOT OVER-MIX OR OVER-HANDLE.  Roll out to 3/4 inch thick, cut into circles or squares or whatever shape floats your boat, and bake at 450 F for 12 minutes.  That is one hot oven!

Seriously, these biscuits are wonder biscuits for me - they have never failed yet.  They always come out nice and fluffy and rise well.  And they were a great addition to last night's borscht!

Enjoy your week off, Ms. Anonymous!  And get busy baking!

Comments

  1. You are the best Maureen!!! thanks once again for sharing the (air mile bicuits) recipe with me,this time I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote it down ASAP. And I might add everytime I bake these biscuits (with a little chuckle) I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO welcome Anonymous (!)!!! I will probably have a few giggles attached to this recipe myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat! This is my family's biscuit recipe too and you are right ...never fails!!!! Yummy I might have to make some now! Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley, so cool! I love recipes, especially ones that work consistently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I've scoffed it. I plan to try them out within the week. Maybe even by Sunday or Monday.

    What a great blog you have Maureen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie! Let me know what you think! And, thanks! I'm glad you're reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts