Community

I tried two recipes from Pinterest today!

Thinking about that made me realize that there are so many ways to belong to a "community".

I have been a hesitant Pinner.  It took awhile to figure out how to maneuver through it all.  I think I have it figured out now; at least, I am satisfied that I've seen enough and learned enough from it given the amount of time that I want to spend there, which isn't a lot.

Neat truth - Pinterest is made better by the friends that you are surrounded with.  If your friends are pinning interesting things/things that are interesting to you, your Pinterest time will be more rewarding.

Kinda like life, isn't it?

I love hanging out with my musician friends....but, it is far more enjoyable if we share musical tastes, AND even more fun if we can make music well together.

My nursing friends are a fantastic bunch of people to be with and, because many of them love their job like I love mine, we share nursing on deeper levels than just 'providing care'.  You know what sweetens that pot?  Our mutual love for old people!

It is wonderful to find another person who loves to read.....and it's even better when they share favorite books.

Don't you love a fellow crafter who teaches you new crafts?

It was so interesting participating in many tea-related discussions at work after my last blog post!  Who knew that there were so many of us who love tea?!!

It's not just a matter of belonging to a community; it's more the blessing of belonging to a community that contains people who will enrich your life and who will encourage you to grow and be better at "______".

So, today, I stuck my neck out and "pinned" a couple more things to my boards, brought to my attention by my friend Debbie in Nova Scotia.  It's nice to share a mutual interest in gardening; the world seems so much smaller, "seeing her" around the boards.  Then I washed my smelly towels in a vinegar and baking soda wash, thanks also to Debbie pinning that as a household tip.  For supper I made a Mongolian Beef slow cooker meal, also from Pinterest (oddly enough - I went "hmm....don't really like it" and the boys both think it is wonderful!  Huh?").  And, then for dessert, while sipping another tea latte (oh I MUST tell you about this one!) my last "pin-inspired" thing for the day....

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Pretzel Treats

3 Tbsp butter
1 pkg marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 cups rice krispies
2 cups crushed pretzels
2 cups chocolate chips

Melt the marshmallows with the butter, add peanut butter and stir until smooth and combined.  Mix the rice krispies and pretzels with the melted marshmallow combination and press into a greased 9 x 13" pan.  Melt the chocolate chips and spread on top.  Chill.  Slice.  Eat.

Just one.  We must watch our waistlines.  Let's support each other by making healthy choices.  Sort of.

;)

FYI - the bars would be equally fantastic without the chocolate layer on top....

Oh, and the latte I'm sipping? 
1 cup very strong Bengal Spice tea (I used 2 bags to 1 cup of water)
1/2 cup hot milk
3 Tbsp cinnamon syrup (syrup recipe = 1 cup water, 1 cup white sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon - boiled for 5 minutes, then kept in the fridge)

Thanks for being part of this little community in my corner of the world called "Make Again".

Comments

Popular Posts