Daily Challenge, Day Six

It's Day 6 of the Daily Challenge and I'm definitely getting a feeling for what comes easier to me and what challenges me.
 
Easier - close ups, still life shots and occasionally people.
 
Harder - scenery!!!!!  "The Big Picture" eludes me.  How do I make things 'pop'?  I don't know yet.
 
That is what I decided that I needed to start tackling today.  The forecast was for thunderstorms, but we got SUNSHINE instead!  Yippee!!  So happy for the blue sky!
 
We live along the North Saskatchewan River.  As I said yesterday, within a week, those waters could be turbulent and raging.  Today, they were peaceful and I checked out various points of view along the kilometers of riverbank. There was lots of life on the riverbank - people, birds, vegetation.  People sitting on the benches watching the waters.  Dogs and their walkers.  Bikes.  A bridal party!
 
 
The left hand picture was obviously home to some small song birds.  It was loud with cheerful birds in song.
On the right, the wind whispers through the grasses as they bend under the force of the eastern breeze.





This was pretty.  At some point in time, someone planted these flowers here.  It hasn't been kept up and appears wild now.
If I learned anything from this nature shot, it would be to appreciate the dimensions present in the first picture.  I like the people in the background in picture #2.  Another layer of 'interest' in the shot? 




I know the tree is just a tree...but I tried to capture the tree, its shadow AND its reflection in the puddle.
Picture #2 - I like the sunburst lines through the canopy of leaves.





Further up the river, we get to Central Avenue and the Fire Hall Museum.  I think there are shots there that could fill another day and that could be a project for the summer.





Shot #1 is part of a band stand gazebo thing.  It's kind of a beautiful/gross building, sorry.  Looks pretty, smells bad.  I think a lot of "after dark" life happens there.  But I like the chipping of the paint.  On another beam within the gazebo, someone wrote in graffiti "Don't forget to laugh!"  Well, okay!
Picture #2 - the clouds covered the sun for a few minutes and the grey sky seemed to match the angry face. 





Picture #1 is too small to show what I wanted to focus on - the sand dune was covered with seagulls and they were NOISY!  If their chatter is anything like our family chatter, they would probably be saying "Where's Ben?  Get up Ben!  It's time to go?  What do you mean, you can't find your shoes?  Where did you leave your shoes?  Ben!!...."  I do wonder what birds talk about.....
Picture #2 - again, I like the look of chipped paint.  Haven't you seen my back fence?  ;)



That's it for Day 6!  Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Love. You make me want to grab a camera and get out there. I have no confidence in my "eye" though. Still, so much beauty to freeze in time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI. Just stopping by from The Art of Seeing class...I really enjoy checking out your photos. The mailbox is super cool and love all of the 'chippy' paint on the white board and wheel. I'll be sure to check back here to see what you post in the future.Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! That's funny, I just bookmarked YOUR blog so that I could sit down with it tomorrow and look through YOUR photos! Thanks for your thoughts and for taking the time to peek at my week. I am looking forward to seeing your stuff tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. I love all your photo's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts