Daily Challenge, Day Two

Tuesday was Day Two of my Daily Photography Challenge.
 
A friend and I had a brief chat on Facebook the other night about our mutual love for APRONS!!!  We both agreed that aprons are a fun "must have" item and I seldom cook without one on.  There could be a couple reasons for that.....mostly that I'm a messy cook and I hate spoiling a good shirt with a sloppy splatter.  When I open the apron drawer, my apron selection for the day is deliberate - "I want THAT one!  Because.........."  And I have my reasons.  ;) 
 
 Wanna see my favorites?
 

 
I purchased this one at Winners a couple of years ago.  It is stylin'!  I love the halter top and the gathered waist.  The fabric is kinda retro and puts me in the mind of The Partridge Family! 





This one was purchased from a fair trade vendor.  The cutwork/pressing/sewing element of this is impressive.  Have to say, though, that I haven't worn it much....too pretty!




This one!  This baby is my GO TO apron.  I wear this apron endlessly.  It is home, comfort, friendly.  Ikea was the source.

 
 
 
This apron makes me smile!  I have a friend who travels often and she has, on occasion, brought me an apron as a souvenir from her travel spots.

 
 
 
 
This one is from Hawaii and I smile every time I put it on!  It is fun, colorful and makes me think about sunshine and friendly places.  If I EVER prepare a luau, I'll be sure to wear this apron. 
......Don't hold your breath on that one, though.  I haven't been to luau cooking school yet.....




These two aprons are the oldest in my photographed apron collection.  They were a shower gift from my mother-in-law.




One for her.....




And one for him.....
Reflecting on that now, there was some hope attached to this one....my "him" didn't cook much when we got married.
He does now!




I have always loved the cross stitch and embroidery work on these aprons and I love that she sewed these and crafted the special designs on each of them just for us.  So pretty and a nod to tradition.  I heart tradition.




My final apron and photo for Day 2.  This one is also a gift from my friend and is from Israel.  This one is new and so very special.  Soon, it will be as well worn as the others.  Love it.


So there you have it, Day 2 shots.  I started the day thinking that perhaps inanimate objects would be easier to photograph because you're not working to capture emotion or thoughts. 

However, ahem, au contraire!!

I did my first attempt.

Looked at them.

Went back for re-takes.

Looked at them.

Went back for more re-takes.

Hmm.

You have to bring some life or story to inanimate objects.  You need depth. 

Still learnin'.

Comments

  1. I am in love with the first blue and white checked gingham apron image...great depth of field, the angle, the focus. There's something about it that brings you in and tells a story. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! That is my favorite as well! Thanks for looking!

      Delete
  2. I have several cross stitched vintage aprons that are very similar. I have so many aprons already and still can't quite pass a new one by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My drawer is full and yet I want more. I have scads of patterns bookmarked and saved that I just "have" to sew some day. They're all so pretty and fun....and yet I always come back to my favorite! I have one that I didn't photograph that was my grandma's. Very special.

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I have my one go to apron and when I put it on it sparks creativity in the kitchen. My girls also know that if I have an apron on that I am in my zone and they want to come and join in. This post is inspiring me to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about an apron! Like donning a character for a play, it sets a tone! Your apron drawer will overflow soon, too!

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from "Art of Seeing". I love all your aprons. I adore aprons too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts